Silas is and always has been obsessed with trucks. He carries on around everywhere. It is always the first thing he gets attached to. He loves cars that have buttons and make sounds. He watched the movie Cars once and already knows "Lightning McQueen" when he sees it". OBSESSED.
For Christmas Silas got the book "Goodnight, Goodnight Construction Site" and you guessed it, he loves it. He asks me to read it all the time. For each truck he loves saying "shhhh....nigh nigh truck". Sometimes he will be specific and say the name of each truck, like crane truck, cement mixer, bulldozer, etc.
So this week at a local children's consignment sale I was able to find this really cool bulldozer. It looks so real and it has 6 different buttons that make sounds. It is larger than a lot of his toy cars and is probably comparable to the size of a basketball. I was so excited to give it to him and see him reaction.
So this past Monday I did just that. I proudly laid his new toy down on the floor in front of him just waiting to hear him squeal with delight. To my surprise that giddy squeal was actually a scream followed by a phrase I wasn't sure I had heard him say before. I kept listening to him and realized he kept saying "NO, dats scaweeeee!"...translated to "that's scary". He had never used an emotion like this to describe something before! He just kept looking at it, screeching, and saying "dat's scawee". I tried really hard to show him just how cool it was but he would have none of that. Bulldozer, or "dozer" as he calls it was going to have to keep its distance until he could figure it out. I managed to get a cute video of Silas "interacting" with his new dozer.
For Christmas Silas got the book "Goodnight, Goodnight Construction Site" and you guessed it, he loves it. He asks me to read it all the time. For each truck he loves saying "shhhh....nigh nigh truck". Sometimes he will be specific and say the name of each truck, like crane truck, cement mixer, bulldozer, etc.
So this week at a local children's consignment sale I was able to find this really cool bulldozer. It looks so real and it has 6 different buttons that make sounds. It is larger than a lot of his toy cars and is probably comparable to the size of a basketball. I was so excited to give it to him and see him reaction.
So this past Monday I did just that. I proudly laid his new toy down on the floor in front of him just waiting to hear him squeal with delight. To my surprise that giddy squeal was actually a scream followed by a phrase I wasn't sure I had heard him say before. I kept listening to him and realized he kept saying "NO, dats scaweeeee!"...translated to "that's scary". He had never used an emotion like this to describe something before! He just kept looking at it, screeching, and saying "dat's scawee". I tried really hard to show him just how cool it was but he would have none of that. Bulldozer, or "dozer" as he calls it was going to have to keep its distance until he could figure it out. I managed to get a cute video of Silas "interacting" with his new dozer.
IMG 0577 from Leslie Jones on Vimeo.
No comments:
Post a Comment