Sunday, February 24, 2013

Things Kids Say

As Silas and Lucy are getting older, their vocabulary is starting to develop more and they are beginning to say a lot of really funny and sweet things! I hope to remember to post this pretty regularly as my record of these cute little comments. So here it goes....


 We have been working on talking a lot about the potty lately (although talking and watching Elmo's Potty Time is about as far as we are getting). One day Lucy told us that she had pooped. Derek was home so he told her he would go and change her. He was talking to her about how one day she would go poo poo on the potty like a big girl. He then made the statement "everybody poops". Lucy stopped, looked up and said and signed "Jesus", as if asking us if the same applied for him. How random and funny?

Silas is quite the character when we go out in public these days. Lucy generally hides her face every time a stranger tries to engage her, Silas is just the opposite. Lately everywhere we are he looks at people and says "hey buddy" really loudly and enthusiastically. He also says "hewhoah" and " bye bye, tank you" every time we leave a store. Actually, the entire time we are checking out at a store he says bye bye. Over and over again as if no one hears him. Silly boy. You also have to imagine that my sweet little Ethiopian has learned to talk by listening to his momma's southern accent and has quite the accent himself. That in itself if quite hilarious.

Recently, upon getting close to our house Silas has consistently started to recognize landmarks and he realizes that we are close to home. When he says it, it is usually a long drawn out "weeee're hooooome!" This of course I thought was oh so sweet and soon after Lucy started saying the same thing. Then one Friday evening after our regular dinner at Fiesta Time we went to our second regular Friday stop- Target. When we pulled into the parking lot Silas looked up and said "weeee're hoooome!" Derek and I busted out laughing and I decided I must have an addiction if Silas thinks Target is on the same level as "home".

Most days when I get Lucy and Silas dressed I make sure to tell them that they look pretty or handsome. One day as I was getting ready Lucy looked up at me and said "momma you pitty (pretty)" and I thought I might cry. So sweet. Then I also realized this was pretty funny that she said that to me considering for the past 3 days I had been wearing t-shirts and sweatpants and now I was finally getting dressed up (by dressed up I mean jeans) and she noticed. :)

Lulu at 27 months

Si at 28 months


2 comments: