Sunday, February 17, 2013

First Snow

Just after Christmas we had our first snow. Lucy and Silas got snow boots for Christmas and after the warm fall/winter we had had so far I was wondering if they would even get to use them. And then one Saturday morning (perfect because Daddy was home) 
                           A little blurry but I just loved how cute they looked so bundled up.
Lucy was very interested in the snow. Silas was more concerned. He didn't know what it was, it was cold, and it kept getting stuck to his toy car he brought with him. That fact concerned him the most and he kept crying when he couldn't wipe all the snow off of it.


Mom and Dad all bundled up too. 






We (Derek and I) made the snow man and the kids tried to help. Then when I tried to get their picture with it Silas decided to throw a fit. Good times.

Very dramatic here. 
It was a fun memory. It is so fun to do the things you loved as a kid with your own children. I'm not big on the cold, but there is something really special about waking up to snow. It always reminds me of the familiar words in the song, "Jesus paid it all. All to Him I owe. Sin had left a crimson stain, He washed it white as snow".  Thankful for this reminder.

No comments:

Post a Comment