Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Easter 2013

Easter 2013. This year we went to the Saturday night service at Southeast. Earlier in the day the weather was so nice and the kids had their first experience hunting easter eggs. Lucy loved trying to collect lots of eggs. Si was really content to find the occasional 1 or 2. He was in no rush, 1 egg was exciting enough.








Before church I took the kids outside to get a few snapshots of them in their Easter attire. We are moving soon and our backyard has been one of their favorite places. It is probably our favorite place as a family in our house so I wanted to get some pictures of them there at this age.






I asked them to hold hands so I could get this sweet shot. They were happy to oblige and continueed to hold hands all the way to the little play house.




On Easter morning we read some of our Easter books and talked about thankful we were for Jesus' sacrifice. Then the kids got their Easter baskets filled with eggs that had peeps and jellybeans inside and a couple of extra treats. It was a wonderful weekend. As an adult I think Easter is my favorite holiday. It is just so beautifully redemptive and I just can't get over how awesome Jesus is. As the kids get older I can't wait to share more with them and to teach them about the sacrifice that saves the unworthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment