Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Life Journaling

Life is going by so quickly these days. Having 2 kids who are both 2 makes days fun and busy. Some days are really simple and we hang out around the house or make a run to Target (my obsession). Or other days we plan a "field trip" or a fun play date. I thought once I was staying at home full time I would be able to document our lives with the kids. I quickly realized that it wasn't that easy.
Now a year has passed since we met our kids. A whole year. I keep wondering where it went. My babies are not babies anymore. And it all happened so quickly that I feel like I don't remember all of the little things they used to do or special little moments along the way.

 I thought days of bottles and crawling felt like they would last forever and now we use straw cups and Silas and Lucy are running and tackling each other. One day they just stopped crawling and stopped taking those bottles. It all happens just as fast as everyone told me it would. And now, a year later I wish I had kept up with blogging. I wish I had detailed my "normal" days during all of these stages. It all seems so routine and simple and one day you realize the routine is different and your kids are a little more grown up.

 I started scrapbooks in the beginning. Yep, those are no where near completion. At some point, I WILL finish their first year scrap books, but for the future, the blog will be our scrapbook. So this will be my attempt to record our lives with our kids. I want to remember this and I want our kids to know how loved they are. I want to remember these days because I have learned so very quickly that it is already so easy to forget the little, BIG things in our life. So while I may post really boring blogs and my spelling/capitalization/grammar may be off, I will be thankful when I show our kids one day what their childhood was like.

No comments:

Post a Comment