Saturday, October 13, 2012

Fall Weekend

This felt like one of the first true fall weekends. The temps were really cool in the am (40 degrees) then warmed up to a nice 60 degrees which is just perfect for jeans and a t-shirt or long sleeve shirt. I love these days and so do Lucy and Silas. It is amazing to notice how much longer they want to stay outside now that the weather is not so scorching. Lucy usually shakes her head and tells me "no" when I ask her if she is ready to go in. So as a result we have had snack outside more often too. Last week we played with play dough outside and the rice/bean sensory bucket. They love running in and out of their little house Mamaw bought them. It is so cute to hear Silas say "bye bye" and shut the door, only to pop out laughing a few seconds later.

Friday we went to Fiesta Time to eat as usual.Our kids are just as obsessed with Mexican food as we are and love chips and queso. Both the kids threw up at dinner which was not anything we had ever experienced. I tried to stay calm, clean them up, and finish my dinner. The poor things have had a bit of a lingering cough...so after a coughing spell they gagged on their food. Sadly I think Lucy threw up because she saw Silas do it and she wanted the same attention. I wish I were kidding.
Our kids are just as obsessed with Mexican food as we are and love chips and queso.

Saturday we were really lazy and stayed inside all morning. Later we had to get out to get Marty food and we decided to make a Trader Joe's run and out to eat at Puccini's. Oh how I love Puccini's Twice Baked potato pizza. It is wonderful and very affordable for a specialty pizza.

I am kind of obsessed with Trader Joe's lately. So many unique food items to look at and choose from. I am currently loving the chai tea latte mix, hummus, naan, mandarin orange chicken, and organic yogurt among other items.

No comments:

Post a Comment