Saturday, December 29, 2012

Oobleck and Airplanes

I have been trying really hard to be intentional about introducing the kids to new experiences. They are just old enough to be interested in new things and follow some simple directions. We have played with playdough and finger paint. I decided to try Oobleck (cornstarch/water mixture which makes a semi solid/liquid substance). Silas can be a bit hesitant about new experiences and particularly new textures. Lucy just loves anything messy. Silas tried 3 different times to play with the oobleck and each time he would stick his hand in an out...look at his hand covered in the substance...say "help" over and over again until I directed him to rinse his hands in the bucket of water. Like I said, we repeated this 3 times before he decided the oobleck was not going to be anything he was interested in. By the time we were finished Lucy had the mixture in her hair, on her face, shirt, pants, socks, etc. I am glad she enjoyed it! :)





Silas and Lucy have both been fascinated by airplanes lately or 'air pays" as they call them. Whenever we go outside they watch for them and we have seen quite a few lately. So we decided to take them to Bowman Field to watch some a little closer. Such sweet memories. I love these pictures and thinking about how much they enjoy the simple things in life.








No comments:

Post a Comment